Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is a Canadian consumer packaged meats company. At our facilities, our employees work with various types of meat including chicken and pork. As this is a FULL-TIME permanent opportunity, we require the availability of 40 hours/week on a permanent basis. Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be legally eligible to work and currently residing in Canada
We are looking for upbeat general labourers who thrive working in a team-based challenging environment!
What's in it for you?
- Salary: Starting Pay Rate: $17.78/hr.
- Day and afternoon shifts available
- Afternoons shift premium available
- Opportunity for overtime during the weekdays and on weekends
- Benefits available after one month of your start date
- RRSP/Pension Plans
- Quarterly Gain Share Incentive plan
- Employee Assistant program
- Progression wage increases
- All PPE is provided to employees (Earmuffs, boots, jacket, etc.)
- Support of a union
- Highly automated and fast-paced learning environment
- Opportunities for growth and training development
Snapshot of your role:
The successful candidate will place appropriate quantities of components into the trays.
- Take an active role in changeover procedures and achieve line speed efficiencies
- Manually pack products into bags, cartons, or other containers.
- Remove finished goods cartons from the conveyer and place them on pallets.
- Visual quality checks of the product against customer and internal specifications (Including foreign materials and weight checks)
- Ability to maintain the cleanliness of areas of responsibility
- Adhere to individual Product Standard Operating Procedures for components and packaging materials
- Must wear proper PPE and comply with Health and Safety requirements including ensuring power is shut down on equipment prior to specified tasks
- Frequent pushing, pulling, and overhead reaching, bending, and standing are required
- Other tasks as assigned
Required Skills, Ability & Experience:
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to obtain pertinent information, evaluate information objectively and explore alternative solutions to problems
- Actively finding new and improved ways of completing tasks
- Interact and share information with employees at all levels (Team members, Lead Hands, Supervisors, and Others). Actively participates in their work group.
- For training purposes, you must be available to work the day shift
- Must be able to handle all food products and work in a cold environment
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
COVID-19 Safety Measures:
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to the commencement of employment. We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible