The Maintenance Team at 25 LePage Court is looking for a Millwright with significant experience in mechanical troubleshooting, repair and installations. The successful candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced, food manufacturing environment and have a demonstrated ability to work safely, ensuring safe pant operations and a safe working environment for all employees.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Trouble shooting/repairs/installations and preventative maintenance of mechanical systems and services with knowledge of 600 V AC and lower field wiring complete with a good grasp of associated sensors, control/PLCs, Servo Drives & Motors.
- Carryout oral/electronic work request and apply/document corrective measures in a timely fashion.
- Have a strong grasp of related mechanical repair and preventative maintenance practices/ requirements and apply corrective measures.
- Perform PM and corrective/emergency Work Orders and account for inventory and labour on computerized maintenance system. SAP experience is an asset.
- Welding repairs and/or fabrication of equipment parts to Food Safety standards
- Fulfill mechanical requirements of work orders and trouble shooting and repairs c/w requesting assistance where necessary
- Perform machining and metal work for equipment repairs and/or upgrades to meet equipment and Food Safety spec’s
- Communicate daily repair activity with Supervisors and with other Departments
- Work in compliance with all Health and Safety, Food Safety and HACCP requirements.
What You’ll Bring:
- Hold a valid Industrial Millwright Mechanic license with 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing food processing environment as an Industrial Mechanic
- Knowledge of conveyors, hydraulic/pneumatic and vacuum systems, pumps, motors, electrical /electronic controls and high-speed packaging and slicing equipment.
- Ability to read and decipher technical drawings/schematics/manuals, complete work orders and organize and plan daily tasks with minimal supervision.
- Slicing and Multivac equipment knowledge is an asset
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
Health and Safety:
- Demonstrated ability to wear proper PPE and comply with safety and food safety requirements
- Lifting up to 60 lbs, bending and reaching
- Pushing, pulling and overhead reaching
- Prolonged standing and climbing (ladders)
- Plant environment (ambient & refrigerated); 24-7, 2 shift operations
- A fast-paced work environment with multiple, tight and changing priorities
- Ability to obtain Elevated work Platform, with fall protection, operator’s license and material handling equipment operator’s license.
Communication, Cooperation & Continuous Improvement Skills:
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Positive interaction and information sharing with Associates and Salaried Team
- Active participation in Work Group meetings
- Ability to obtain pertinent information, evaluate information objectively and explore alternative solutions to problems
- Actively finding new and improved ways of completing tasks
- Willing to try new things and assume additional responsibilities
- Cross-shift communication
- Ability to use a computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP) and general Microsoft Office programs, email
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.