Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Maple Leaf Foods Bradford Plant is Hiring for multiple General Labour positions within our Production team!
The General Labour position is responsible for performing packaging, clean-up and other general activities related to food processing.
We are offering part-time work opportunities for people who are interested in working afternoon shift, 2-3 days per week.
We have numerous positions available for the following shifts:
- Tray Pack Department: Monday - Friday, 5:30 pm - 1:30 am (or end of shift)
- Cut-Up Department: Monday - Friday, 6:30 pm - 3:00 am (or end of shift)
Details regarding wages and shift premium will be discussed when contacted.
- Manually pack product into bags, trays and other packaging formats as per customer specification
- Check products and packaging for basic quality defects
- Cut-up product and hang poultry
- Operate single-function machines
- Load product onto packaging line for processing
- Ensure work area is clean and tidy
- Follow all GMP and food safety principles
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to stand and walk throughout the shift
- Able to perform repetitive lifting
- Can work well in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Good communication skills
Why Maple Leaf Foods?
- Training provided where needed, specifically in Human Resources, Health & Safety, Food Safety and on-the-job training
- Reputable company and well-known brands
- Competitive Wages
- Opportunities to participate in Benefits and Pension plans
- Great team environment
- Strong focus on internal advancement and promotion
- Employee Assistance Program and Mental Health support
If interested, please send resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply to our job posting online with an updated resume and phone number at Careers and Jobs – Maple Leaf Foods, or through our other job boards.
These positions will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.