Millwright (Night Shift)
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The Millwright reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor/Manager. Working closely with other team members, this role will have direct accountability for troubleshooting, repairing, installing mechanical/electrical services and equipment in the plant while also being responsible for ensuring that daily preventative maintenance tasks and repairs are carried out accordingly to meet production needs..
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Trouble shooting/repairs/installations of processing equipment with a working knowledge of electrical to allow efficient repair/replacement results.
- Carry out oral/printed work requests and apply corrective measures in a timely fashion. Have intermediate grasp of related mechanical requirements and apply corrective measures
- Perform PM’s and regular Work Orders and account for inventory and labor. Welding repairs and/or fabrication of equipment parts to Food Safety Standards.
- Fulfill basic electrical trouble shooting and repairs and requesting assistance where necessary.
- Fulfill all Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP Plan, WHMIS, and MSDS requirements.
- Communicate daily repair activity with Maintenance Team, Production etc.
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- • Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Trade Certification (433A)
• Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Red Seal Endorsement,
• Minimum 2 years working experience in an industrial setting
• Knowledge of plant and equipment operations,
• Ability to organize and plan daily tasks with minimal supervision,
• Ability to work in a team based environment,
• Good mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills,
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
• Available for weekend overtime as production demands require.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.