Sanitation Team Member (Permanent, Full-Time)
90 - 10th Avenue Hanover, Ontario
- $18.58/hour after 3 months of employment
- $19.56/hour after 6 months of employment
Now is a very exciting time to join the Maple Leaf family. Maple Leaf Foods is located in Hanover, ON and presently employees approximately 140 employees between our farms and hatchery. Currently, the Hanover Hatchery has the ability to hatch approximately 900,000 chicks per week. Our work includes everything from receiving the eggs from our farms to distributing chicks to many growers across the province. As an egg gatherer, you would be responsible for the collection of eggs at the barn. You may be handling up to 16,000 eggs per day. The eggs gathered will be transported to our hatchery where they will be incubated and then hatched into chicks. The chicks are then distributed to growers across the province. It is important that you understand that we are an agricultural facility and therefore you will be handling live animals.
We currently require a Full Time Sanitation Team Member. The successful candidates will be part of the Hatchery sanitation team responsible for the cleaning and sanitation of hatchery equipment and rooms.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Cleaning and sanitizing equipment e.g. hatchers
- Cleaning and sanitizing floors, walls and ceilings of rooms
- Cleaning and sanitizing filters, ductwork, tops and tunnels
- Updating Sanitation logbook - daily
- Wednesday mornings (as required – 6:00 a.m. to approximately~ 12:00 p.m.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- Must understand and follow all Animal Welfare/HACCP/Biosecurity procedures
- Proven ability in current position (attendance included)
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work in a wet/humid environment
- Ability to use power hose and work at heights (ladders, tops of setters and hatchers)
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a variety of temperatures and humidity levels
- Proven team player
- Must be capable of lifting/pushing 30 - 50 lbs repetitively
- Start and end times of work will vary depending on business and production needs
If you are willing to step into a new and exciting career, please submit send your resume and cover letter via:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods has an accommodation process for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability need during your employment, please contact the local HR representative. Our accommodation policy can be provided upon request and in accessible format.