Maple Leaf Foods - Hanover
Semi-Automatic Separator Operator (Permanent, Full-Time)
90 - 10th Avenue Hanover, Ontario
- $18.11/hour after 3 months of employment
- $19.06/hour after 6 months of employment
Now is a very exciting time to join the Maple Leaf family. Maple Leaf Foods is located in Hanover, ON and presently employees approximately 140 employees between our farms and hatchery. Currently, the Hanover Hatchery has the ability to hatch approximately 900,000 chicks per week. Our work includes everything from receiving the eggs from our farms to distributing chicks to many growers across the province. As an egg gatherer, you would be responsible for the collection of eggs at the barn. You may be handling up to 16,000 eggs per day. The eggs gathered will be transported to our hatchery where they will be incubated and then hatched into chicks. The chicks are then distributed to growers across the province. It is important that you understand that we are an agricultural facility and therefore you will be handling live animals.
The successful applicants will work as part of a 2-person team to ensure a steady flow of chicks into the chick room.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Remove stacks of chicks from hatchers and move to separator area
- Load trays onto in-feed conveyor of separator
- Monitor equipment operation for optimum performance
- Monitor flow of chicks into chick room/assist Chick Room Supervisor to optimize efficiencies
- Assist with chick weights
- SAP data entry
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- Must understand and follow all HACCP/Biosecurity procedures/Animal Welfare procedures
- Capable of lifting 30 – 50 lbs. repetitively
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to work in a wet/humid environment
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Proven team player
- Ability to wear a full face respirator
- Physically able to pull and move racks of chicks from Hatchrooms to separator area
If you are willing to step into a new and exciting career, please submit send your resume and cover letter via:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods has an accommodation process for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability need during your employment, please contact the local HR representative. Our accommodation policy can be provided upon request and in accessible format.