Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Maple Leaf Foods Bradford Plant is Hiring!
The Production Technician plays an important role at Maple Leaf Foods’ poultry facility. They work in a fast-paced food manufacturing environment and are responsible for helping ensure smooth production operations. The Production Technician supports the success of the plant by ensuring equipment is operating well and troubleshooting and repairing equipment when it is not. The Production Technician also provides coaching and guidance so individual team members can increase their own operational and troubleshooting skills. The Production Technician will also assist in the development and execution of corrective actions in response to performance variances.
- Acts as a first point of contact to troubleshoot production equipment issues before contacting maintenance
- Contributes to a healthy and safe work environment, while maintaining high food safety standards
- Contributes to the team and the whole facility in a positive way
- Helps the department to meet targets and goals while maintaining a healthy and safe work environment
- Maintains productivity that meets/exceeds standards
- Frequent and appropriate communication with Supervisors throughout the shift
- Awareness and high sense of urgency
- Champions and upholds department standards as a role model for other employees
- Takes appropriate actions to correct variances and make improvements
- Works closely with Maintenance to help operate, troubleshoot, repair and optimize plant equipment
- Identify areas of opportunity and help take action to correct issues and make improvements both mechanical and process related
- Help train employees to better operate department equipment
- Other responsibilities as required
Why Maple Leaf Foods?
- Strong interpersonal skills to support supervisors and other team members while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment
- Mechanical ability
- Able to stand and walk throughout the shift, heavy lifting tasks required
- Punctual, reliable and responsible, can work well in a team environment and support fellow team members
• Training provided where needed
• Reputable company
• Competitive Wages
• Opportunities to participate in Benefits and Pension plans
• Great team environment
• Strong focus on internal advancement
• Employee Assistance Program
If interested apply to our job posting online at https://careers.mapleleaffoods.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.