IS Analyst, Client Support
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
This position requires a candidate with 3+ years supporting an Enterprise class Windows desktop computing environment. The role calls for active participation in a technical support queue, diagnosing and resolving end-user PC problems which are escalated from Level 1 support. Provide deskside support as needed to all levels of the business, with a strong focus on customer service/experience. Participation in operational activities such as PC image creation, application packaging/delivery, security patching and asset management to ensure systems are healthy and running in an optimal state. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, with strong interpersonal and communication skills with a passion for technology.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Coordinating the deployment and lifecycle of End-user related technologies such Desktops/laptops, Tablets, Printers, Thin Client, RF Guns etc.
- Working with other IS functions as needed to coordinate technical activities
- Participation in a Client Support Ticket queue (2nd-3rd level) responding to Incidents and Service Requests across Canada
- Supporting users operating in a Microsoft Office 365 environment (Office Click-2-Run Deployments, OneDrive, Teams, SharePoint Online)
- Identifying opportunities for optimizing and modernizing existing IT processes
- PC Peripherals Support (Network and Stand-alone Printers and Multi-Function Devices, Thin Clients, RF systems)
- Knowledge in the Microsoft cloud stack including Microsoft 365, the Modern Windows Desktop and Azure
- a. Windows Autopilot – Deployment of Windows
- b. Windows Update for Business
- c. Desktop Analytics
- d. Azure AD
- Mobile Device Support (Tablets, RF Guns, Truck Mounts).
- Documenting technical issues, solutions and support information and develop junior staff
- Project leadership as needed (Planning, Executing, stakeholder management and reporting)
- Experience Configuring, Supporting and Maintaining MacOS devices would be a definite asset
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Post-Secondary Education in a related area, e.g. Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Analysis or equivalent
- 3+ year leading and participating in Technical project deployments
- 5+ years of Technical Support Experience in the Client Computing space (supporting Laptops, Desktops, Printers and other end-user devices)
- Experience with System Center Configuration manager 2012 R2 (Creating Windows Desktop Images, Creating Software packages, performing monthly patch management for 3000+ EUC devices)
- General Knowledge of Active Directory and Azure AD
- Experience with AirWatch Enterprise Mobile Management
- Experience Configuring, Supporting and Maintaining MacOS devices would be a definite asset.
- Solid technical knowledge of MS Windows 10 Operating Systems and of Microsoft Office Click-2-Run
- Experience with BMC Helix ITSM
- Knowledge of ITIL Best Practices
- Knowledge of VMWare Virtual Desktops is an asset
- Working in team environments that span functional and geographic boundaries
- Exceptional writing skills, including documenting configuration and support information
- Strong customer service focus and attention to detail
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.