Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Maple Leaf Foods Bradford Plant is Hiring!
- Dock Worker positions available
- Full Time Roles are eligible for Benefits and Pension
- A variety of Shift Times available
- Fast paced learning environment
- Competitive wages
The Dock worker is responsible for accurately staging, loading and verifying product shipments and inventory materials received. Working with cooler, production and warehouse personnel in order to complete the required orders daily. Using best practices in shipping/receiving functions to ensure that all material is handled correctly and safely.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50kgs of and on through out the shift
- Comply with all Company Policies and Procedures
- Ensure compliance with all HAACP food safety compliance regulations
- Ability to make repetitive motion movements using arms, hands, and wrists for long periods of time
- Observes all safety rules and regulations including use of (PPE) Personnel Protective Equipment and Material Handling Equipment
- Loading trucks with correct orders
- Monitoring and maintaining temperature of product
- Reporting deviations to shift supervisor/quality
- Unloading and putting in their correct areas
- Work with QA to ensure product safety
- Contact supervisor in the case of any discrepancy's
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment and document daily inspections on checklist and report to his or her supervisor any issues that affect the operation of the equipment.
- Participate in any Health and Safety training that is required by the company.
WHY Maple Leaf Foods,
• Training provided where needed
- Secondary school
- Forklift Certification and experience preferred
- Counterbalance Experience preferred
• Reputable company
• Competitive Wages
• Opportunities to participate in Benefits and Pension plans
• Great team environment
• Strong focus on internal advancement
• Employee Assistance Program
If interested, please apply online.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment.