Category Marketing Associate, Foodservice
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
COVID 19 has dynamically changed the Foodservice landscape – as our industry rebuilds itself, we have an exciting opportunity to adapt the way we interact and support our customer partners. It’s an exciting time! As part of these changes we are searching for a dynamic business and marketing professional to join our Foodservice team. The successful candidate will be a balance between a commercially driven business professional and B2B customer-focused marketing leader, with a track record of contributing to profitable growth and experience working closely with Sales.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Execute identified business objectives and marketing initiatives that support the Foodservice strategy
- Lead and work collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver category initiatives with accountability for performance metrics
- Own end-to-end commercialization of new product development, innovation and category recommendations driving share and growth, from concept generation through execution
- Lead in-depth business reviews to inform strong marketing plans
- Conduct monthly analysis on business performance leveraging research, market data and Foodservice consumer insights to inform strategic objectives and planning
- Collaborate with Finance & Revenue Management to deliver target profitability
- Create trade communication materials and sales tools to support category activities
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Bachelor degree with at least two to three years of Marketing experience in a CPG organization or equivalent
- Experience commercializing products from concepting through market execution
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to anticipate potential issues, keen attention to detail and superior organizational skills
- Proactive and performance driven, have a bias for action and be able to work under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- A strong team player with well-developed people skills
- A creative thinker with a passion for Marketing and an appetite to learn
- Foodservice experience is an asset but not required – even if you washed dishes in high school – it counts!
- Competency requirements:
- Commercial Acumen – Basic understanding of key drivers of the P&L with ability to identify opportunities to move the business forward
- Critical Thinking and Insights – Able to analyze and draw conclusions from internal & external data sources
- Agility and Effectiveness – Able to stay focused on key business priorities in a dynamic business environment
- Sales Knowledge and Connectivity – Demonstrates understanding of customer strategies and recognizes relationship to marketing planning process & initiative execution
- Leadership and Influence – Able to work effectively with functional teams to achieve commercial objectives
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.