Production Team Lead (Hourly Contract Role - 6 Month Term)
Shifts available: 4:00PM – 12:30AM
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company employing over 11,500 people. We embrace a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety, transparency and accountability.
An exciting opportunity has opened up for one (1) energetic, results oriented individual within one of Maple Leaf Foods fastest growing markets. Maple Leaf Foods, Edmonton Poultry is a well-established, sustainable, progressive protein company.
We are currently recruiting for one (1) qualified and capable individual to assist management. We have one (1) vacancy in the Production Department from 4:00pm – 12:30am.
Oversee the department, the people and systems, actively participate and be involved in a high performance cross-functional team environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Preferred Hiring Criteria:
- Responsible for maintaining quality of product, scheduling and assigning employees, establishing priorities, revising schedules and resolving problems
- Overseeing of production employees, achievement of production objectives, verification and implementation of manufacturing procedures
- Takes initiative and exercises timely and good judgment in day to day business decisions
- Maintains a safe working environment by educating and directing employees on the use of equipment and resources while maintaining compliance with the OHSA, JHSC recommendations or MOL work orders, Company safety rules, GMP’s and HACCP including documentation
- Supports in food safety issues relating to processing, act as a role model in following food safety protocols
- Reduction and elimination of workplace accidents
- Develops, directs, manages, trains, and motivates employees by communicating job expectations, appraising job results, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees in a timely manner
- Maintains a positive employee relations’ environment by communicating effectively with peers, employees and managers
- Administration of the Collective Agreement and other company policies and procedures
- Recognize, support and commit to the Food Safety promise and facility Mission statement. Ensure our product production is wholesome and to offer suggestions to improve food safety on the production floor
The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all employees. Candidates must have:
- Proven initiative and leadership skills
- Continuous learner and willingness to embrace change
- Experience and commitment to Good Manufacturing Practices
- Knowledge of HACCP and Provincial Health and Safety Regulations
- Embraces the Maple Leaf Leadership Values
- Superior communication skills in a multi-cultural environment and the ability to deal with a variety of front line employee relations issues
- A good listener with excellent written communication skills
- Self-directed, mature and professional approach to project work
- Must possess strong interpersonal, leadership, presentation and analytical skills
- Results oriented
- Well established organizational skills to manage multiple tasks
- Must be physically fit and able to multitask, quickly adjusting from one task to another
- Presence will be required on the production floor for long periods of time
- Independent and collaborative work environment
Maple Leaf Foods offers the successful candidate a competitive compensation, benefit and pension package. We offer an employee development plan including; regular performance feedback, and specific developmental activities to ensure continued learning and development.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.