MRO / Material Supply Coordinator
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
This key position is responsible for plant supply management for our Paquin Rd facility, coordinating the inventory management of both Production and Maintenance departments reporting to the Maintenance Manager. In addition, the MRO/Material Supply Coordinator is responsible for development, maintenance, and execution of the Preventive Maintenance Program in coordination with Production and Maintenance to ensure equipment is maintained with minimal production interruption.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Central contact to the plant for purchasing activities
- In conjunction with the Shipping/Receiving Supervisor, coordinate all issues related to deliveries
- Monitor accounts payable and follow up on blocked/parked PO’s with purchasing
- Work with Corporate purchasing to update catalogues to meet Ops requirements
- Work with Contractors to ensure invoices are correct, Purchase Orders are created, and forwarded to Accounts Payable for payment
- Work with FSQA/CFIA to ensure that all materials purchased for plant use meet food safe regulatory requirements, and ensure the receiving and storage remain in compliance with HACCP and CFIA Regulations
- Work with Health & Safety Representative to ensure all materials purchased for maintenance and plant use meet minimum safety requirements and have correct & updated information (WHMIS).
- Supports inventory counts and works with operations to ensure any adjustments are accurate
- Development and Implementation of PM Program
- Development/implementation and review of PM checklist/schedule
- Review incoming work requests and estimate costs of corrective action
- Satisfy requests for repair materials for equipment and building needs as required.
- Schedule and prioritize all maintenance assignments.
- Identify and resolve problems, recommending improvements in the planning process and ensure routine schedules with lead planner guidance
- Other duties as assigned
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Post-secondary education would be preferred and/or equivalent industry experience. College diploma/certificate in Purchasing/Inventory management preferred.
- 2-3 years practical purchasing experience in a fast-paced production environment
- Highly organized individual capable of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills i.e. Word, Excel, SAP, and Ariba. Individuals with SAP knowledge is an asset.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and cross functional teams
- Team Player
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.