POSITION(S): Part-Time Lead Hand Egg Gatherer - Breeder & Pullet Farms
LOCATION: Hanover, Ontario
- $19.80/hour after 3 months of employment
- $20.84/hour after 6 months of employment
Now is a very exciting time to join the Maple Leaf family. Maple Leaf Foods is located in Hanover, ON and presently employees approximately 140 employees between our farms and hatchery. Currently, the Hanover Hatchery has the ability to hatch approximately 900,000 chicks per week. Our work includes everything from receiving the eggs from our farms to distributing chicks to many growers across the province. As an egg gatherer, you would be responsible for the collection of eggs at the barn. You may be handling up to 16,000 eggs per day. The eggs gathered will be transported to our hatchery where they will be incubated and then hatched into chicks. The chicks are then distributed to growers across the province. It is important that you understand that we are an agricultural facility and therefore you will be handling live animals.
We currently have an opening for a Lead Hand for the Hanover Breeder & Pullet Farms. This is a part time position. As Lead Hand, you will be responsible for specific farm operations during the work week, with additional responsibilities during the absence of the Farm Manager(s).
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Egg Gathering
- Cleaning/sorting eggs
- General cleaning/sanitation
- Completion of required paperwork
- Checking barns and eggs
- Weekend On Call
- Providing day to day direction of employees
- Training as required
- SAP Data Entry
- Other duties as assigned
If you are willing to step into a new and exciting career, please submit send your resume and cover letter via:
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- Must understand and follow all CHEQ/Biosecurity procedures
- Proven ability in current position (attendance included)
- Egg gathering experience an asset
- Reliable transportation – must have a valid driver’s license
- Mechanical ability an asset
- Willing and able to work statutory holidays and an average of 2 weekends per month.
- Able to work independently
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Must live within 25 kilometers of the farm
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods has an accommodation process for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability need during your employment, please contact the local HR representative. Our accommodation policy can be provided upon request and in accessible format.