A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
IS Sr Analyst, M365 Solutions – Mississauga, ON
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The Information Solutions Senior Analyst, Microsoft 365 Solutions
role is a full-time position reporting to the Director, User Experience. Become part of the team managing Microsoft’s Modern Workplace productivity and collaboration solutions that allow our people to focus on doing their best work. Other aspects managed by the team include UX consultation, webcasting, website hosting services, and assorted innovation engagements.
This position is based out of the Meadowvale campus offices, which at the current time is under COVID-19 protocols limiting on-site interactions. Initially, expect to work from home until further return to office policies are announced.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
You are passionate about best practices with Microsoft’s Modern Workplace technologies and how to turn them into powerful, functioning solutions to create new ways of working to accelerate time to value and achieve business outcomes. As a trusted end user advocate, you’ll possess a balance of deep functional expertise along with change and adoption management abilities. This combination well equips you to capture target business process and requirements, creatively translate these into low/no code solutions, and drive their active engagement and usage. The focus of these Microsoft business applications is largely focused on the Teams and PowerApps platforms.
What we have to offer you:
- Manage the administration and adoption campaigns for Microsoft and its related productivity and collaboration apps and services, with a large focus on the Microsoft Teams.
- Establish and execute with the team an overall Microsoft platform roadmap of no/low code solutions that will drive tangible benefits and prioritize our engagements.
- Support the ongoing migration efforts to move from on-premise to online collaboration solutions, retiring aged Infopath artifacts and repositories with new sustainable alternatives.
- Co-host the Microsoft Governance Committee to keep our environment current and following best practices, monitor for governance/configuration drift and apply corrective actions where required.
- Engage with different organizational groups across the organization to understand their challenges and needs, turning their business requirements into functional and technical specifications.
- Creatively design modern solutions using the optimal mix of Microsoft tools and practices to fulfill the target requirements.
- Configure and/or lead efforts to orchestrate configuration amongst peers or with web development resources where back-end development is required as part of the solution.
- Perform and coordinate robust (SIT/UAT) testing on solutions prior to deployment to ensure high quality delivery.
- Publish technical documentation such as wireframes, process flows or prototypes and end user support and training reference documentation or videos.
- Build end user Microsoft skills through Genius Bar and Microsoft Champion engagement programs, and supplemental coaching or training events as required.
- Liaise with vendors on existing services or to explore new opportunities, e.g. Microsoft or AvePoint, and participate in the procurement process when required.
- Assess feature releases being pushed by Microsoft, coordinate their implementation and/or adoption support where required to prepare our end users for the new experience.
- Participate in the Microsoft Technology Adoption Program (TAP), testing and providing feedback on new preview concepts shared by their Engineer team.
- Manage support and incident cases assigned to the team queue, ensure compliance with SLA targets and the organizational change and release process.
Maple Leaf Foods offers opportunity for personal and professional development, along with a competitive compensation package:
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment, an Employee Assistance Program and other supplemental special topic resources
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to learning – a variety of courses, resources and tools provided to all employees along with opportunity to continue to evolve your technical skills development through course/conference participation and vendor interactions
Our ideal candidate is maniacal about advocating how Microsoft solutions can be applied to drive tangible benefits. They thrive with staying on top of the steady stream of evolving capabilities and investigating how these can be applied to our business. Immersive hands-on involvement in project and support services is considered intriguing and provides opportunities to influence the organization to firmly embrace these new digital tools.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Highly collaborative nature open to sharing information and feedback amongst a skilled peer group to objectively deliver the best solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to articulate their design concepts and conduct knowledge transfer of key concepts in simple terms or imagery end users can easily comprehend and associate with users across all levels of the organization.
- High aptitude for empathy, likes problem solving and organizing chaos to structure solutions that deliver value and drive adoption.
- Well organized and proficient, able to work as part of a larger team or independently on complex tasks and manage backlog priorities.
- Minimum of 3-5 years with hands-on experience managing Microsoft 365 administration and configuration, along with some exposure to AvePoint Cloud Governance is beneficial.
- Applied experience in design and configuration of modern Microsoft solutions for business processes supporting a consumer packaged goods industry is preferred.
- Past experience in execution of on-premise migrations, familiarity with Microsoft’s SharePoint Migration Tool and/or ShareGate cloud management tool is an asset.
- High proficiency with Microsoft’s modern toolkit: SPFx, Themes, Site Designs, Teams Template, UI fabric, adaptive cards, Custom Teams Apps & Connectors
- Familiarity with other services such as Microsoft Azure is a nice to have
- Familiarity with BMC Remedy / Smart IT or similar ticket management tools is beneficial
- A minimum of 3 years of experience designing solutions build on Microsoft 365 (Teams, Power Platform, SharePoint Online)
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, UX/HCI or a related discipline
- Microsoft certifications preferred; e.g. Microsoft 365 Fundamentals, Managing Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals, Managing Microsoft SharePoint 2016 Server, etc.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.