A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
Senior Financial Analyst, Category
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
The Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for reporting on the foodservice finance function and supporting the marketing team with ad hoc requests and analysis. This position works very closely with the marketing group to accurately reflect and provide detailed insight/explanation of results. In addition, this position plays a key role in the budget process and is involved in various aspects throughout the entire cycle.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Commercial Support: Proactively supporting commercial teams in projects (new product launches) as main finance lead. Ensure that all analyses completed are ‘value-added’ and align to the Business Unit’s Priorities. Become a true business partner by ensuring that you are involved in the key commercial priorities – strategy sessions, budgeting, new product launches, and pricing decisions (ad hoc analysis).
- Forecast and Budget: co-ordinate forecasts and budget reviews for volume and margins with the marketing team and ensure all required adjustments are flowed through accurately to reflect objectives/targets for the category.
- Weekly Reporting. Coordinate, prepare and distribute weekly reporting; including being the lead on the weekly meetings for commercial teams as the finance representative; identifying areas of opportunity and/or concern (risk), provide recommendations, and execute against them.
- Ad Hoc Reporting for Senior Management: Provide Commercial Reporting as requested by Senior Management.
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Post-secondary degree in Accounting or Business required
- Accounting Designation or working towards one
- 3 to 5 years of value add analytical experience
- Must strongly demonstrate our Maple Leaf Leadership values
- Must have excellent analysis skills and be a detail-oriented person
- Superior computer skills on Microsoft Excel
- SAP experience an asset
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated personal leadership
- Strong business acumen and critical thinking
- Ability to develop rapport, with all levels of the organization
- Strong numerical comprehension and adeptness at analyzing & interpreting data is essential
- Ability to communicate concisely both verbally & in written form
- Strong writing skills
- Exceptional ability to manage time, set priorities, and make decisions under pressure
- Able to function both independently and in a team environment
- Superior leadership capabilities
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.