A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
Marketing Director - Foodservice
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
The Marketing Director, Foodservice is responsible for driving strategic growth and profitability within our core categories. This individual is a strategic action-oriented commercial leader who is able to gain followership within both their own teams and with their cross-functional partners. The Director ensures company’s ability to adapt to the rapidly changing foodservice industry. This individual is passionate about innovation and developing solutions to meet the needs of changing of our Foodservice customers and end consumers.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Lead all marketing efforts for categories within their scope of responsibility.
- Increase our Branded presence through Innovation and expanded distribution.
- Plan market expansion and entry into adjacent or new categories, market segments, verticals and channels.
- Manage and deliver P&L objectives including managing product mix to optimize Sales, Volume, Gross Profit. Inclusive of monthly/quarterly/annual reporting and forecasting against key metrics for the business.
- Establish and sustain the optimal matrix of pricing and promotion that achieves P&L objectives.
- Facilitate the implementation of product modifications, network moves or co-manufacturing.
- Determine value-drivers of profitability, competitiveness and building blocks that achieve overall strategy.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams (Innovation, Sustainability, Retail Marketing, Poultry, Pork Leadership, PDP, Commercialization, etc.) to align priorities, manage risks and deliver business objectives.
- Help establish Maple Leaf Foods as a leader within the Industry with respect to Marketing Programs, Social/Digital Media, and Culinary support.
- Be part of building a growth culture, rooted in discipline and fundamentals, that delivers winning customer partnerships.
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Competitive Health and Pension plans
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- At least 10+ years of progressive experience in Marketing - including 2+ years in Foodservice.
- University degree in business or related area.
- Proven ability to ‘think big’ coupled with the people leadership skills to mobilize and motivate a team to ensure execution excellence.
- Strong business/financial acumen.
- Self-motivated and engaging in a fast-paced and action-oriented environment.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills including the ability to effectively interface with senior management, the Board and the team.
- Strong customer focus.
- The ability to manage multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframes.
- Demonstrated alignment with Maple Leaf Values.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.