Sanitation Worker - Maple Leaf Foods Inc. (Mississauga)
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
We are a food processing facility in Mississauga looking to hire for Sanitation positions for the overnight shift (10:30pm-7:00am). These are PERMANENT FULL-TIME positions with benefits. Starting rate for this position is $17.05+premium. Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Scrapping/scrubbing raw food debris off equipment and surface
- Aptitude for mechanical tasks, manual dexterity and attention to detail
- Some lifting, crouching a dexterity and repetitive bending
- Operate walkie to transport tanks
- Able to work in cold environment including Freezer
- Ability to establish priorities in their work area
- Able to work with Chemicals
- Able to lift up to 70 LBS.
Shift: 10:30 pm – 7:00 am
Quality & Food Safety Skills:
- Product quality checks against customer and internal specifications
- Ability to maintain cleanliness of areas of responsibility
Health and Safety:
- Demonstrated ability to wear proper PPE and comply with safety requirements
- Lifting, bending, pushing and pulling
- Reaching, gripping with both hands
- Prolonged standing
Communication, Cooperation & Continuous Improvement Skills:
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Positive interaction and information sharing with Associates and Salaried Team
- Active participation in Work Group meetings
- Ability to obtain pertinent information, evaluate information objectively and explore alternative solutions to problems and improved ways of completing job tasks
- Willing to try new things and assume additional responsibilities
Please forward your resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.