A Sustainable Protein Company
We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we work to reconnect families with the goodness of food. We are helping to transform the world’s food system so that it can survive, and thrive, for generations to come.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Automation Specialist – Hamilton
The Automation Specialist position at Heritage will be responsible for troubleshooting, servicing and maintaining automated industrial controls and equipment across the entire facility - including production and facility support equipment.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
- Primary Support for distributed, local process control and monitoring automation systems as well as ASRS conveyor control and industrial robotic control systems;
- Effectively troubleshoot any HMI, PLC, Remote IO, VFD, electronic control-related and communication network issues within the facility;
- Provide input on equipment installation, total predictive/preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of SCADA, PCS, MES, BAS systems;
- Maintain plant control and monitoring automation systems by updating documentation and keeping current backups of all machine and robot related control systems;
- Maintain asset center repository to ensure all backups are synchronized;
- Maintain all equipment related and computer integration software to ensure all revisions are current;
- Provide controls support and training for plant maintenance team;
- Provide support for all departments when launching new programs;
- Liaison with engineering department on all equipment modifications;
- Design electrical schematics in AutoCAD format for any equipment changes;
- Demonstrate full commitment to the implementation of the requirements of the Global Standard for Food Safety and to processes which facilitate continual improvement of food safety and quality management;
- Be on shift rotation with a possibility for night and/or weekend coverage;
- Be part of a paid, rotating on-call schedule to provide support after hours
What we have to offer you:
- Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with all employees. Candidates must have:
- Diploma in Industrial Automation, Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technologist, Technicians or Industrial Electricians
- Allen-Bradley certificate(s) would be an asset
- Willing to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.