No Experience Necessary. Will Train.
Niverville Feed Mill – Full Time Position
Starting Wage: $16.00 – 20.00 per hour
Our company paid benefits package for full time employees includes: Major Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, as well as enrollment in the Maple Leaf Pension Plan.
Shift premiums paid for hours worked on Afternoon and Evening Shifts
The production operator is part of an overall team which also includes maintenance technicians and truck drivers. The overall team is responsible for producing high quality animal feed in a safe and efficient manner.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
- Working with machines, equipment & computer systems to produce animal feed
- Completing required paperwork for assigned tasks
- Following manufacturing practices & safety policies
- Following housekeeping standards
- Operation of plant equipment to achieve daily production targets
- Performing troubleshooting and minor repairs on machines
- Communicating any changes in product flow, equipment malfunctions, shortages or deviations from specifications to Team Lead or Maintenance
- Collecting raw material and final product samples and performing tests to ensure raw material and final product meet specifications
- Measuring & weighing of ingredients
- Following quality standards and ensuring proper documentation for feed safety
- Willingness and ability to learn; strong team and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Positive work ethic and attitude, attention to detail
- Ability to lift 25 kg
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge
- Experience in production/manufacturing environment will be considered an asset
Please submit a résumé to:
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.