Do you have experience working with hands-on type people?
Have you trained people on technical ideas or skills?
Can you communicate complex ideas and systems in simple language?
Are you interested in systems to organize and structure the work for increased effectiveness and efficiency?
Are you interested in a role that is mission critical and will give you career room to grow?
We are looking for someone who can lead our people to build and sustain a Standard Work program to drive production excellence. You would be collaborating with all plant functions (such as Health & Safety, and Food Safety & Quality) to bring together learning elements for the shop floor into a unified program. In this role, you would be expected to assess the training needs for hourly learning, develop learning objectives for hourly learning, execute planned initiatives, design and facilitate learning sessions, develop content and manage ad hoc learning requests. You will be supported by the leadership team and a corporate Operations Learning team with tools, strategies and coaching.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Conduct training needs analysis to identify knowledge and skill gaps. Develop solutions to knowledge/skill gaps that consider learner persona, objectives, business constraints, and available resources
- Implement standard work practices by collaborating with plant leaders to develop the plant’s operator training and assessment processes.
- Lead the creation of Standard Work Instructions and Job Qualifications as well as the approval process flow
- Partner with functional subject-matter experts to ensure the content reflects business requirements and addresses existing skill gaps.
- Train SMEs on completing Standard Work Instructions and knowledge training material.
- Assist with the implementation of a train-the-trainer program for hourly team members.
- Develop and update metrics that provide plant leadership has a high level of visibility to training progress and challenges.
- Build plant-wide proficiency in the use of shop floor Alchemy learning tools by ensuring departments know how and when to use Alchemy tools
- Identify issues and recommend program improvements to ensure learning material and programs are delivered efficiently, and participants experience a high-quality learning program that delivers business outcomes.
- Create engaging learning content while employing recognized adult learning principles
- Assist with testing of future-state learning technologies.
What You’ll Bring:
To be an ideal candidate, we are looking for you to have at least 2 year experience in plant operations, either in production or as a supporting function, or a learning & development (training) role working with hands-on people. Having an adult learning certification (such as CTDP – Certified Training Development Professional) is preferred and related degrees or diplomas are desirable. As the creation of documents and presentations is central to the role, as well as some data analysis, you should be proficient in MS Office tools (i.e. Word, PowerPoint and Excel). If you have prior experience with Intertek Alchemy learning tools it would be an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in plant operations, learning and development, training, or any operations function.
- CTDP (Certified Training Development Professional) designation preferred
- Proficient in the MS Office suite of tools, i.e.) PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with Intertek Alchemy learning tools is an asset.
- Experience in learning theory, program management, course design and content development a must
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with key cross-functional business stakeholders across all levels.
- Experience in, or knowledge of, one or more of the operations functions.
- Self-driven with a strong sense of urgency, resourcefulness, and ability to work independently and manage own schedule.
- Ability to work independently and partner with operations leaders.
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
We’re a global food company with more than 13,500 team members. We operate sites in 20+ locations across Canada. We also have locations in the U.S. and Mexico, and do business in Asia.
A diverse and inclusive work environment
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based culture
Our eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.