A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The Sr. Planner – Inline Processing will play a vital role in the commissioning and start-up of the Maple Leaf London plant, supporting and leading process improvements inside the facility and across the Maple Leaf Poultry network. As a member of the London Planning team, the Sr. Planner will be responsible for the planning and execution of production requirements in relation to slaughtering, dis-assembly and packaging of customer demand. Working closely with the Manufacturing, Distribution, Supply Chain, and Sales teams, they will own real time visibility to the surplus/deficit raw material position and to overall plant capacity.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Manages the allocation of London raw materials and capacity for the current + 7-day horizon using primarily SAP Dis-Assembly Planning and ePPDS planning software
- Accountable for optimizing raw material and finished goods utilization throughout the ML Poultry network, including coordination of transfers between London and other MLF facilities
- Owns the maintenance and improvement of production planning tools and processes
- Responsible for accuracy of master data in SAP relevant to yield and capacity planning
- Engages with Production, Supply Chain, Customer Service and Sales teams as the facility point of contact for fulfilment execution issues.
- Oversees the accurate implementation of weekly price changes and sales directives
- Leverages production planning metrics (utilization, quality) to drive process improvements
- Assesses and communicates any daily special shipping requirements (timing, rotation) to the warehouse in order to meet customer deadlines
- Support the warehouse with inventory management as it pertains to customer date matrices
- Support backup coverage for the production planning team and planning manager
- A capacity and raw material constrained daily production schedule, optimized within the context of weekly supply/demand trends
- In-depth understanding of the integrated Maple Leaf poultry supply chain
- Volume/profit optimization of fresh chicken supply
- Continuous improvement of business processes
- Insight on key capability and demand signals/trends
- Achievement of annual financial and business targets (i.e. Raw Material Utilization, Customer Service Level, etc)
- Adherence to timelines on all project work
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- A comprehensive understanding of the Fresh Chicken Supply Chain from live procurement through to the end consumer
- A clear understanding of how to coordinate the efforts of raw materials supply, forecasting, supply planning, and the execution of a production plan
- Proficient in MS Office Software (particularly Excel)
- Experience using SAP (or similar ERP system) an asset
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a related role
- Excellent analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn, adapt and solve problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of making difficult prioritization decisions based on evolving manufacturing and customer service needs
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding change management and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to build a strong working relationship with other functional teams including production and sales stakeholders
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.