A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging.We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Key member of the Senior Leadership Team and reporting to the Site Leader, the Distribution Manager will be responsible for all activities related to shipping, receiving and inventory control at the Bradford Poultry plant. Shipping/Receiving Supervisors(s) will report into this role along with the Inventory and Distribution Coordinators.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Main contact at Bradford with Maple Leaf Supply Chain, planning, transportation and customer service teams in the matters of transportation and distribution to ensure the efficient, timely, accurate and cost-effective shipment of WIP and finished goods.
- Site process owner of all Shipping/Receiving activity, Inventory and Warehouse management, Shunting and Yard management.
- In depth collaboration with all functions at the site in the areas of departmental performance management, metric development and process improvement.
- Responsible for inventory accuracy of finished goods.
- Overall Health & Safety responsibility for the entire distribution team at the facility.
- Accountable to uphold our Food Safety & Quality assurance programs and commitments
- Coordination of all lift-truck/reach-truck activities. Overseeing Full Forklift management and training Programs.
- Utilize docks, warehouse layout and plant routings with a focus on minimizing loading time. Drive efficiency and cost savings initiatives in Shipping department
- Manage regular and ad hoc communication to external warehouses and carriers
- Ensure that departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPI) are in place, reported consistently, measurable and in line with company and site objectives.
- Ensure overhead budget for the warehouse is managed and met.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives and coach team through the identification and improvement of plant performance issues.
- Develop and lead all inbound, outbound and inventory control related SAP Key User activities
- Participate in SAP key user network meetings and share learning's. Build relationships in the broader Maple Leaf Manufacturing and Distribution network to encourage best practice sharing
- Support end-users and other team leaders in daily system reconciliation efforts
- Shall demonstrate full commitment to the implementation of the requirements of the Global Standard for Food Safety and to processes which facilitate continual improvement of food safety and quality management.
- Oversee the daily transportation and supply requirements between Schomberg and Bradford facilities.
- Champion and support direct reports in Project RED (Rework, Employee Sales, Devaluation) to achieve established targets; lead all Distribution continuous improvement projects.
- Lead the CHEP and IFCO programs at the facility – responsible for weekly invoice reconciliation and approval.
- Actively participate in internal audits, BRC audits, and traceability exercises for area of responsibility
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- Post-secondary education with knowledge of food processing, warehousing, transportation and distribution.
- 5+ years’ experience in inventory control, warehousing and/or materials in a fast paced manufacturing or distribution environment.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience.
- Advanced in Microsoft office and applications.
- In depth functional knowledge of SAP including warehouse management (WM or EWM)
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Highly Developed Influential Leadership skills in order to inspire others, gain trust, and bring people onside to new ideas.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.