General Labour Workers - Summer Student
Maple Leaf Foods Hamilton Plant is Hiring!
Summer Student Incentive
- Returning students will receive a $250 signing bonus after exceeding 160 hours
- All students will accrue $1/hr for each hour worked payable at the end of summer to assist with tuition (program guidelines and restrictions do apply)
- Must be 18 years of age or older to work in a production environment
- $16.50 to start with regular increases!
- A variety of shifts are available
- Some shifts are not bus accessible, but we do have afternoon and night shift premiums available
- Opportunities to learn and grow
- Trans Cab Service and Conventional Bus Service is provided through HSR
- Highly automated and fast paced learning environment
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The General Labour full-time position is responsible for performing packaging, clean-up and other elemental activities related to food processing.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Feed cartons into machines.
- Check and weigh materials and/or product.
- Manually pack product into bags, cartons or other containers.
- Remove finished goods cartons from conveyer and place on pallets.
- Check products and packaging for basic quality defects.
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
COVID-19 Safety Measures:
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and
safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we
have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures,
including a requirement for all employees to be fully
vaccinated and to show proof of
vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful
candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to the commencement of employment. We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.