Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
Maple Leaf Foods Port Perry specializes in baked good products such as meat pies and Sheppard’s pies. The plant operates 5 days per week with two rotating shifts (days/afternoon), with the requirements to work some Saturdays as applicable.
Regular shifts are Monday through Friday (40 hours per week) - approximate work times:
- 8:00 am – 4:00pm
- 4:00pm – 12:00am
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not restricted to):
- Previous Forklift Experience
- High School Diploma
- Have basic English skills (listen, understand, speak, read, write)
- Reliable and dependable, able to be at work every day, on time
- Desire to learn
- Able to work in a fast paced and repetitive task environment
- Looking for a long term job opportunity
- Physically fit and able to lift, push and/or pull weight of up to 23kg (50 lbs)
- Be willing to adhere to all hygienic and food safety requirements in the plant
- Forklift Operation, including the ability to successfully pass our forklift certification
- Handling of raw materials, packaging and finished goods
- plant set up for production
- organization of finished product from the line, including pallet configuration and pallet tag documentation and removal of product to freezer for proper storage
- any other duties as assigned
Environment: food manufacturing facility
$16.59/hour to start
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.