Maple Leaf Foods in Winnipeg is accepting applications for Shipper/Receiver positions for our new Paquin Rd Pork Plant, which require availability for up to 40 hours a week. We currently have numerous vacancies, and a variety of shifts available on both our morning/afternoon and afternoon/evening shifts - come join our team!
BASIC FUNCTION: This position will be responsible for loading and unloading of goods in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Manage receipt of packaging materials and production work in process ensuring adherence to all quality requirements including timely inputs into SAP.
- Organization of all packaging and finished good storage areas in accordance of FEFO process.
- Manage and communicate issues to external warehouses, carriers and dispatch drivers
- Utilize docks, warehouse layout and plant routings with a focus on minimizing loading time
- Reports any incident or situation that might affect production to the Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Has to focus/concentrate while performing the job.
- Accurate documentation and preparation of sanitation inspection reports.
- Has to do simple math or calculations
- Computer Proficiency.
- WHMIS Training
- Standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Lifting of up to 40 lb boxes.
A fast paced work environment with multiple, tight and changing priorities.
SPECIFICATIONS (Skills/Qualifications/Other Requirements):
- Forklift or Electric Power Jack experience
- Willing to be trained to do the job.
- Has the ability to do the job.
- Must be physically fit.
- Good hand and eye coordination.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills. (reading, writing and speaking English)
- Ability to read and interpret Standard Operating Procedures.
- Good mathematics skills.
- Good work ethics and over-all attitude.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.