Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
The Maintenance Helper works in the Maintenance department at Maple Leaf Foods' largest primary poultry processing facility. He/she works in a fast-paced food manufacturing environment, responsible for maintenance of production equipment. The person has direct impact on the efficiency of our operation and contributes daily to quality of our products. Successful candidate is required to have a full complement of tools.
WHAT DOING A GOOD JOB LOOKS LIKE:
- Participate in machinery rebuilds, installations and repairs
- Assist in the disassembly and cleaning of equipment i.e. sanitation deep cleaning and steam tenting
- Lubricating and performing minor routine maintenance work on machinery and report any irregularities and malfunctions
- Assist trade persons or other maintenance/sanitation personnel in their job function
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITY & EXPERIENCE:
- Directly helps the department to meet targets and goals while maintaining a healthy and safe work environment
- Addresses issues with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Fulfills all Health & Safety, Food Safety, HACCP, WHMIS and MSDS requirements
- Maintains productivity that meets/exceeds standards
- Contributes to the team and the whole facility in a positive way
- Able to communicate with co-workers, Supervisors and Lead Hands
- Able to read and write in English
- Able to do heavy lifting regularly (up to 50 lbs)
- Must be cooperative, reliable, responsible and punctual
- Highly organized and able to balance multiple priorities
- Familiar with machinery, welding, fabrication and basic plumbing
- Capable of doing low pressure plumbing (use of thread apparatus)
- Knowledge and experience in welding and fabrication
- Completed Level 3 Industrial Millwright Training certification from a recognized college
- Successful applicant must be able to work Sunday-Thursday night shift