Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,500 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
The Maple Leaf Foods Bradford Plant is Hiring for our Maintenance Department!
Refrigeration B Operator/ 4th
Monday - Friday
Afternoon Shift (3:00 pm - 11:30 pm)
Wages and benefits will be discussed during the phone interview.
Refrigeration B TSSA Operator/ 4th class Stationary Engineer is responsible for monitoring and maintaining refrigeration equipment as required, as well as assisting Chief Operating Engineer in equipment repairs and installation.
- Preventative maintenance and cleaning duties assigned
- Operation and maintenance of all refrigeration systems in the plant and on the rooftop
- Maintenance of all equipment in boiler and refrigeration rooms
- Maintenance of all refrigeration equipment in facility
- Maintain/Monitor/Check all refrigeration equipment requirements to TSSA Standards
- Participate in plant equipment repairs/installations
- Interface with necessary Contractual and Inspection Departments for corrective and or legal requirements
- Maintain accurate records of safe management, operations and maintenance through compliance
- Improve plant efficiency by reporting on operating conditions of equipment, determine operating window, and helping to develop and maintain a maintenance program
- Troubleshoot any mechanical breakdown relating to the Production Department to ensure minimal loss in manufacturing of our products
- Work together with all other departments to ensure a productive team environment and the continuous improvement of the plant processes
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by ensuring plant and powerhouse are operating in accordance with the TSSA
- Ensure all work performed complies with governing practices, codes and regulations.
- Fulfill all Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP, WHMIS and MSDS requirements.
Why Maple Leaf Foods?
- Possesses and maintains a valid Ontario Refrigeration B Certificate or higher.
- Ideally, 2-3 years of experience in a manufacturing food processing environment as a Stationary Engineer.
- Knowledge of fuel systems, water treatment, air compressors and refrigeration systems
- Must be able to do maintenance as required
- Able to work as part of a team in a fast-paced processing environment
- Self-motivated and effective communication
- Must be reliable and flexible to cover vacation Monday to Friday shifts as required.
- Previous experience working with SOP’s and GMP’s is an asset.
- Licensed Electrician or Millwright would be an additional asset.
- Mechanical abilities and trouble shooting skills are required.
- Requires initiative and excellent communication skills.
• Training provided for Human Resources, Health & Safety, Food Safety, and on-the-job training
• Reputable company and well-known brands
• Competitive Wages
• Opportunities to participate in Benefits and Pension plans
• Great team environment
• Strong focus on internal advancement and promotion
• Employee Assistance Program and Mental Health support
Please apply online at https://careers.mapleleaffoods.com/
or to one of our many job boards with an updated resume and phone number!
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.