A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The primary role of the Manufacturing Analyst is to; collect, aggregate and report information on operational performance for targeted trouble shooting and implementation of corrective actions. The person in this role generates daily and weekly performance reports that are incorporated in operating rhythms. In addition, they support the ongoing maintenance of the Lagimodiere SharePoint/LVS systems, data integrity, and analysis/reporting critical for the plant to drive business performance.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Generate weekly KPI reports for plant leadership review.
- Ensure all information is correctly reported in the Line Visualization System (LVS) and provide daily and weekly production reports.
- Investigate discrepancies in the LVS data. Reconcile data between LVS and SAP. Ensure line time is accurately reported.
- Administer LVS master data (entitlement rates, UOM conversions, machine target settings). Quarterly update of entitlement rates in LVS to sync with latest IE data.
- Administer reporting tools and forms. Ongoing updates and maintenance of master data which drives these tools.
- Generate ad-hoc SharePoint tools to support plant wide functions for all departments.
- Generates automated intelligence software reports (SAP, Carlisle, etc).
- Monitor plant performance and production data. Daily checks to ensure assets are online and accuracy of data.
- Creation of new ‘tools’ requiring advance level excel skills (Charts, Macros, Pivots, VLOOKUP, Find/Match, SUMIFS, etc.).
- Support the execution of projects both supporting analytics, collecting data, aggregating information and participating in Continuous Improvement events such as Kaizens.
- Executing floor level studies relevant to current projects or new opportunities to define pipeline opportunities.
- Lead Continuous Improvement PDCA (Plan/Do/Check/Act) project(s) towards achieving the goals of the plant’s Operations Excellence waste elimination pillar.
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Experience in a unionized manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office suite specifically Excel.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team with all functional areas to support a common goal.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.