Enterprise Infrastructure Platform Services, Consultant
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The Consultant in Technical Services team plays a critical role in building a solid IS infrastructure for company’s digital future. Consultant will work with different IS team members and business team to deliver projects and support IT infrastructure. This position offers opportunity to work in a collaborative environment and enhance your career with exposure to Cloud, IoT, AI, Virtualization, Servers, Storage, Microsoft Technologies and plant systems.
An ideal candidate is a self-motivator with strong interpersonal and communication skills with a passion for technology.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Provide ongoing technical and financial Improvements for our datacenter, public and private cloud infrastructure.
- Prepare and present IS related business cases to Leadership and Executives.
- Play a major role in building and supporting our M&A, new builds and expansion activities.
- Play a major role in building and supporting our Digital initiatives such as IoT, Mobility, Automation and AI.
- Work with Architects and strategic vendors to define roadmaps for Datacenter, Cloud & Edge technologies.
- Project Technical leadership (Capital and Operational) including but not limited to Planning, Executing, stakeholder management, Financial tracking and reporting.
- Provide technical summaries, RCAs and recommendations to the leadership team.
- Participate and lead select monthly maintenance windows to support critical activities.
- When required, provide technical expertise to support Servers and cloud technologies
- When required, provide technical expertise to support VMWare, Horizon view, thin clients and RDS environments
- Travel to plants across Canada and the US to perform site surveys and understand the Business requirements to provide technical recommendations for projects and break/fix.
- Documenting technical issues, solutions and support information and develop Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Post-Secondary Education in a related area, e.g. Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Analysis or equivalent
- Executive presence with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in leading complex Technical project deployments
- Proven record of designing and implementing Infrastructure technologies in enterprise environment.
- Technical Support Experience in Enterprise IT environment.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and Office 365 connectivity
- Solid knowledge of cloud technologies (such as Azure, AWS and Google)
- Solid experience with Microsoft Servers and knowledge of Server hardware.
- Experience in server hardware, hypervisor and Storage systems.
- Experience with Microsoft RDS and VMWare Virtual Desktops.
- Knowledge of Networking fundamentals (Routing, Switching, VPN and WiFi) and security fundamentals (MFA, firewalls, IoT)
- Working in team environments that span functional and geographic boundaries
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal skills, including documenting configuration and support information
- Strong customer service focus and attention to detail
- Hands on experience with PowerBI dashboards, Excel Pivot tables and reporting is a plus
- Hands on experience with IoT, ML, AI, Python and robotics is a plus
- Working experience in Manufacturing and CPG environments is a plus
- Managing Enterprise Infrastructure Operations is a plus
- Experience with Mergers and Acquisitions is a plus
- Willingness to travel to sites and plants for short term visits and support.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible