Sr. Analyst, Revenue Management
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We are seeking a creative and self-motivated Data Scientist to join our Revenue Management team. The Data Scientist is responsible for providing analytical and predictive modeling support on pricing, commercial investments, and business performance to supporting the Revenue Management team in putting together strong strategy recommendations that drive profitable growth. With a combination of analytical expertise, data and system knowledge and business acumen, you will support the Analytics Manager in answering and anticipating critical business questions and opportunities and delivering critical insights.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Leverage Data Warehousing knowledge to extract, clean and transform data for the purpose of analysis/modeling
- Architect and build statistical models to generate insights on price optimization, trade effectiveness, business performance drivers, commodities forecasting, etc.
- Translate modeled results into clear written and verbal communication in a scalable fashion for internal/external stakeholders.
- Design, build and support BI reports, dashboards and other forms of user facing analytical functionality using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerBI.
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Post-secondary degree in Statistics, Business Analytics, Data Science, Economics, Mathematics or related technical disciplines, MSc preferred but not required
- Proficiency in statistical programming tools such as Python, R and SQL. Intermediate knowledge of SAP tools an asset
- Proficiency in ETL and Data Warehousing (SQL, M-Script, DAX)
- Very strong MS Excel, VBA skills
- Previous experience with SAP, Nielsen and other POS data an asset
- Previous experience with data visualization such as MS PowerBI or Tableau an asset
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills; demonstrated drive, curiosity and critical thinking
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to simply communicate complex ideas, both verbally and in written form
- Exceptional ability to manage time, set priorities, and make decisions under pressure
- Able to function both independently and in a team environment
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.