Warehouse Supervisor- Night Shift
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The Warehouse Supervisor plays an integral role within our manufacturing facilities. You will be the coach on the playing field, providing leadership and guidance to our team members. You lead by example and inspire your team to deliver top results. You are passionate about safety and promote a culture where safety comes first. You thrive in an environment that is fast paced and have a keen sense for continuous improvement. Your approach is collaborative and offer a forum where everyone feels comfortable to bring forward new ideas
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Coordinate the shipping, receiving, warehousing of product, order picking, and cycle counts with other supervisors, office staff and management to ensure all customer orders are shipped on time in accordance with customer specifications;
- As assigned on a rotating basis between supervisors, provide required operational performance and delivery information to the Warehouse Manager;
- Manage an hourly workforce of unionized employees in a fair and equitable manner in accordance with company policies, procedures and the collective agreement to deliver operational and work environment objectives including communications, safety, training, performance management, work assignment, attendance management, competency assessment, coaching, and discipline;
- Manage all issues with carriers to ensure the efficient unloading and loading of trailers;
- Ensure adequate workforce resources are available for operational delivery and proposed additions / reductions to the Warehouse Manager to acquire / reduce resources accordingly;
- Assist in Interviewing prospective candidates in conjunction with Human Resources to acquire the required talent to strengthen the warehouse workforce;
- Coach, discipline and terminate, where required, those employees who do not meet company performance expectations or who chose to disregard company policy and HACCP / CFIA requirements for the proper handling of product, informing the Warehouse Manager and Human Resources when such actions are proposed
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (ex. General Education Development accreditation)
- Well-developed English communication skills (verbal, written, reading)
- Supervisory experience in a distribution and/or manufacturing setting
- Excellent initiative and leadership skills
- Proven commitment to good manufacturing practices
- Demonstrated ability to exercise effective judgment in business decisions
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of HACCP and Provincial Health and Safety Regulations is an asset
- Knowledge of SAP and EWM an asset
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.