A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The successful applicant must:
- Ensure all job-related operations are in compliance with GMPs, HACCP, WHMIS and health & safety requirements.
- Must be able to demonstrate understanding of the SSOP
- Conduct titrations, condensation control, ATP/TPC Swabbing and PH testing
- Create non conformance reports
- Enter TPC/Listeria on EMS, Enter swab details on scorecards, stock/fill G8, boot dips, general areas
- Conduct welfare and exterior monthly audits
- Identify maintenance issues present in the area/equipment and report them to the shift Sanitation Supervisor or maintenance
- Sign off on the Pre-Operational Inspection Report in a timely and legible fashion after cleaning and sanitizing the area/equipment
- Follow and work according to all MLCF GMP’s
- Follow and work according to all MLCF Health & Safety policies and all other Ontario Health and Safety Acts and Regulations
- Assist in the continuous improvement of MLF by offering support and teamwork with peers
- Be aware of all emergency stops for the equipment/machinery that you are working with
- Keep safety glasses, goggles and face shields clear to ensure good/proper vision
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Safety conscious
- Heavy lifting required
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Basic computer ability and clear written and oral communication skills
- Highly motivated – able to work well with minimal supervision
- Good attendance record.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.