A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The FSQA Coordinator is responsible for administering Quality and Food Safety programs and protocols at the Toronto Poultry facility. The candidate is responsible for ensuring a safe, cost effective and service-oriented department.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Proactively auditing existing procedures against CFIA, BRC or customer standards to ensure compliance to specific standards.
- FSQA Subject matter expert for SISTEM, and responsible for employee training on appropriate shift.
- Maintain facility deviation tracker to ensure that preventative measures are driven to completion and sustainable. Closing of corrective action tracker items.
- Performs record review and on-site verifications for CCP operators and/or tasks related to pre-requisite programs.
- Implement and maintain proper document control for all procedures related to plant food safety system.
- Review and perform data trending to highlight opportunities for improvement.
- Conducting CFIA CVS tasks on appropriate shift and providing support to QA techs during the shift when FSQA supervisor is absent.
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Post Secondary Education relating to Food Science or related discipline
- 2-3 years’ experience in food related quality assurance role
- Excellent organizational, project management and multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong experience in developing and maintaining Quality Assurance programs, HACCP systems and SOP's
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & Windows
- Innovative and creative problem solving in finding solutions and opportunities.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.