International Sales Manager
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Responsible for the management of the Japanese Frozen Pork (Brandon Plant) business and Development of new chilled and Frozen Business to Japan. You will work closely with Maple Leaf Foods Japan staff and your peers to develop strategy that will optimize returns (meet / exceed budgeted volumes & GP) while setting a clear goals to position our business for success in a quick changing competitive landscape (New Global Trade Agreements / ASF).
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Develop pricing strategies long term / month to month to achieve budgeted GP and Volumes
- You will work closely with our overseas offices to ensure accurate Chilled / FRZ Pork pricing discovery.
- You will develop your network of external industry contacts to support verification of price discovery and market information
- You will work directly with VP and Director International Sales / VP Optimization for offers on Chilled and FRZ Pork
- Participate in Chilled Pork Price negotiations (Monthly) you are responsible to participate in pricing conference calls with your peers / Office in Japan to optimize our pricing to achieved budgeted targets and to ensure we extract optimal value from the market. (exceed Budget)
- You will be responsible for managing Regular and Spot frozen business to Japan for both cuts and offals include identifying opportunities for LTC’s (Long Term Pricing Contracts) with our core Pork Customers. Your understanding of currency / market trends and futures will assist in your contributions / review with the VP Optimization / International Sales
- Updating and communicating market information and identifying emerging business opportunities
- You will develop a strong relationship and working knowledge of the Brandon and Lethbridge Plants to enhance your technical selling efforts and to identify and support continuous improvement efforts at the Plant
- Coordinate customer visits which includes complete organization of agendas with the plant facilities, MLAF management teams as well as overseeing the preparation of presentation materials
- You will develop strong relationships and working knowledge of our MLAF business to support your development / and effectiveness in communications with end users (IE: must have a detailed understanding of our POD offerings MLQA/Hutterite/LWD Programs)
- You will work closely with the Brandon / Lethbridge and Lagimodiere teams to align them on your strategy, New Product Development / Claims Management.
- You will work closely with the QAFS Managers / staff to have a basic understanding of policies and programs and are responsible to guiding the team on our TPC results and requirements. Management of direct reports responsible for day to day business – Japanese offals and Korean chilled and frozen.
- You will work closely with the Transportation and Logistics teams to ensure superior customer service levels are maintained
- You will work with the team (Overseas offices / Optimization to prepare budgets, period reviews and forecasting reports.
- Management of direct reports responsible for the day to day business
- And other duties as assigned
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.