Health and Safety Team Lead (Hourly Contract Role - 6 Month Term)
Shifts available: 2:30PM – 11:00PM
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company employing over 11,500 people. We embrace a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety, transparency and accountability.
An exciting opportunity has opened up for one (1) energetic, results oriented individual within one of Maple Leaf Foods fastest growing markets. Maple Leaf Foods, Edmonton Poultry is a well-established, sustainable, progressive protein company.
The Health and Safety Team Leader will work with management, supervisors and employees guiding and directing the recently established safety measures, including but not limited to employee screening, temperature monitoring, physical distancing and PPE. This role has been established to assist in the safety of all Maple Leaf Foods employees and to help prevent the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
All attendees to our facility, whether, team members, visitors, contractors or temporary team members, must be screened prior to entering any Maple Leaf Foods site. Individuals will be tested again if experiencing symptoms.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
What we have to offer you:
- Lead the training and operation of the temperature scan machine; following established protocols
- Administer the Maple Leaf Foods screening tool
- Direct team members regarding their temperature scans and screening results
- Direct team members regarding PPE and social distancing
- Promote safe work behaviors
- Identify potential hazards and provide potential solutions
- Provide support and collaborate with the leadership team on prevention and occupational health
- Assist with other functions as part of the Maple Leaf Food COVID-19 prevention strategy and other H&S responsibilities as directed.
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Competitive compensation package
- Career development opportunities, specific development plans and regular performance feedback
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all team members
- Employee Assistance Program
- Education and/or experience working in a healthcare or health and safety related environment is an asset
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is considered an asset
- Confident, professional behavior especially in challenging situations
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, productive environment
- Ability to complete tasks promptly and urgently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with union and management personnel using a collaborative approach
- Ability to enforce policies and procedures consistently and respectfully
- Self motivated, ability to work autonomously
- Ability to take initiative and work cross functionally
- Strong computer application (Microsoft Office) and analytical skills
- Must be physically fit and able to multitask, quickly adjusting from one task to another
- Presence will be required on the production floor, in the common areas of the facility and in our parking lot for extended periods of time (standing/walking)
- Exposure to outside elements
- Exposure to poultry production in a cold working environment
- Unionized facility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.