A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Production supervisors coordinate daily production in a multi-line, fast paced food production facility through the direction of a unionized hourly workforce to achieve daily operating goals while maintaining all company safety objectives, Food Safety and customer quality specifications. You will be the coach on the playing field, providing leadership and guidance to our team members. You lead by example and inspire your team to deliver top results. You are passionate about safety and promote a culture where safety comes first. You thrive in an environment that is fast paced and have a keen sense for continuous improvement. Your approach is collaborative and offers a forum where everyone feels comfortable to bring forward new ideas.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Plans manpower requirements for a department on a daily and weekly basis in order to achieve production volumes, takes ownership for product quality and standards, and yield and efficiency targets
- Directs employees in the operation of plant equipment to meet quality, efficiency and yield standards, HACCP and sanitation procedures
- Ensures health and safety of employees in accordance with established safe work procedures, company policies, and applicable provincial legislation
- Prepares production and progress reports
- Oversee and document all plant Health & Safety, Food Safety, Quality Assurance and Sanitation issues
- Provides leadership by instilling team goals and objectives
- Foster a positive employee relations culture by treating all employees with respect, listening to their concerns and provide a timely response where needed
- Develop, direct, manage, train and motivate employees by communicating job expectations, appraising job results, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees in conjunction with the Human Resources Department
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (ex. General Education Development accreditation)
- Three to five years of supervisory experience, preferably in a manufacturing setting
- Flexibility to work various shifts and overtime as needed
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, verbal and written communication, presentation and analytical skills
- Self-directed and professional, well-developed English communication skills (verbal, written, reading)
- Computer proficiency in email and spreadsheets and able to learn a variety of other software (ex. SAP, Kronos)
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.