Customer Business Development Representative - Loblaws
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Responsible for supporting Customer Sales teams by ensuring key sales information, insights and recommendations are available on a timely basis to enhance customer business development efforts. Equally responsible for providing support and information to internal business functions consequently allowing Customer Sales teams effective external focus.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Ensure flawless execution of order fulfillment, liaising with internal departments to ensure customer expectations are met / exceeded
- Attend key customer meetings -business reviews, planning meetings, new product presentations, etc.- with Customer Business Development Managers
- Provide back-up support to Customer Business Development Managers (i.e. vacation coverage etc.)
- Complete analysis, gain key insights and make recommendations on key performance indicators/trends and future opportunities such as sales volume, trade spending, KAAP, advertising promotions, new product launches, pricing, credit note spending etc.
- Assist in the development of customer presentations (i.e. product launches, customer business plan/reviews, promotions, merchandising, pricing, etc.)
- In conjunction with other functions, coordinate, support or lead processes internally to allow Customer Managers increased external focus
- Effectively communicate customer requirements across all internal functions
- Ensure systems / processes are effectively managed and improved
- Recognize and make recommendations on cost reduction opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist customer team with information requests, key insights, recommendations and processes (support external processes / lead and support internal processes)
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer to provide value-added services to the customer team and customer(s)
- Support internal business functions with information and insights
- Improve internal process to support effectiveness, efficiency and external focus
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Post secondary education required - business focus preferred
- 2-3 years work experience in a sales or marketing function
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office) and good systems knowledge (Cognos, BPCS)
- Strong analytical skills; ability to gain and communicate key insights
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, demanding work environment
- Highly organized, fact-based and detail oriented
- Able to anticipate internal/external customers’ needs and proactively seek to satisfy those needs
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.