A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
This position is responsible for providing professional technical and administrative support to the Sales function of the company within the Loblaws Customer Business Team.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Responsible for completing and maintaining sales reports and sales information requests for customer team for weekly, monthly, and quarterly tracking requirements
- Responsible for maintaining and updating customer facing pricing forms
- Responsible for communication flow between the Field Sales Team and the Customer Business Team
- Assist customer business team with compiling annual customer plans
- Assist customer business team with KAAP process
- Generate reports and assist customer business team with tracking of trade spend
- Coordinate pricing changes with customer business team and internal pricing department
- Track gift certificates / dealer loaders
- Assist customer business team with review of rapidraft / credit note spending
- Coordinate forecast information with customer business team and internal supply chain department
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Post Secondary Education or Equivalent knowledge.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment.
- Strong time management skills.
- Bias for action, self motivated.
- Results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment.
- Highly organized and multi-task orientated.
- Able to work effectively in a Team setting.
- Good analytical capability.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with CBT members & cross functional units.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proficient in BPCS, Report Net, Cognos, SAP.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.