A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
Production Supervisor – Bradford
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The Production Supervisor plays an integral role within our manufacturing facilities. You will be the coach on the playing field, providing leadership and guidance to our team members. You lead by example and inspire your team to deliver top results. You are passionate about safety and promote a culture where safety comes first. You thrive in an environment that is fast paced and have a keen sense for continuous improvement. Your approach is collaborative and offer a forum where everyone feels comfortable to bring forward new ideas.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What you will bring:
- Responsible for maintaining quality of product, assigning employees, establishing priorities, and resolving problems
- Supervision of production employees, achievement of production objectives, verification and implementation of manufacturing procedures and overseeing shipping and receiving, all in accordance with applicable legislation (i.e. Consumer Packaging and Labeling Act, Weights and Measures Act)
- Takes initiative and exercises timely and good judgment in day to day business decisions
- Maintains a safe working environment by educating and directing employees on the use of equipment and resources while maintaining compliance with the OHSA, JHSC recommendations or MOL work orders, Company safety rules, GMP’s and HACCP including documentation
- Reduction and elimination of workplace accidents. Assists in conducting accident investigations and takes an active role in WSIB case management ensuring early and safe return of injured workers to modified and /or productive duties
- Develops, directs, manages, trains, and motivates employees by communicating job expectations, appraising job results, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees in a timely manner
- Administration of company policies and procedures
- Recognize, support and commit to the Food Safety promise and facility Mission statement
What we have to offer you:
- The successful candidate will possess a secondary school education
- Previous production experience
- Proven initiative and leadership skills
- Continuous learner and willingness to embrace change while driving results
- Experience and commitment to Good Manufacturing Practices
- Good verbal communication skills in a multi-cultural environment and the ability to address a variety of front-line employee relations issues
- Good written communication skills with the ability to formulate emails to cross functional and interdepartmental teams within the organization, and complete necessary daily and ad hoc reports
- Good math skills as it pertains to daily production counts
- Ability to problem solve while maintaining a willingness to take calculated risks
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to successfully use MS Office and other computer software application programs necessary for Maple Leaf Operations
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- An entry level leadership role with the opportunity to work with a growing team
- Lead a team of up to 30 plant employees in a small plant environment
- Be a part of a plant that has exciting new business enhancement projects
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.