This position requires practical knowledge in operation and maintenance of heating and cooling systems in a food processing plant.
- Maintain/Monitor/Check all refrigeration equipment requirements
- Participate in plant equipment repairs and installations
- Interface with necessary contractual and inspection departments for corrective requirements
- Carry out oral and printed work requests and apply corrective measures in a timely fashion utilizing computerized maintenance system
- Complete preventative maintenance on all powerhouse components, including refrigeration
- Experience in dealing with ammonia refrigeration
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with a team
- A Journeyman Commercial Refrigeration Mechanic ticket required
- Mechanical knowledge, including servicing, repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of a large ammonia refrigeration plant is required
- Mechanical aptitude on all power systems required
- Knowledge of operation, repair, maintenance of Natural Gas Fired Steam Boiler systems
What we have to offer you:
- Familiarity with system-computer interfacing
- Knowledge of PLC systems considered an asset
- Ability to ensure the safe and efficient operation of a large ammonia refrigeration, boiler and pre-treatment plant
- Some shift work required
- Minimum 3 years progressive, industrial work experience required
- A valid 4th, 3rd or 2nd Class Standardized Power Engineering Certificate would be considered a significant asset
- Further training and development supported by the Company
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.