Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is a Canadian consumer packaged meat and protein company. At our facilities, our employees work with various types of meat including chicken, pork, and beef. As this is a FULL-TIME permanent opportunity, we require availability of 40 hours/week on a permanent basis. Starting rate is $19.43/hr and forklift experience is required.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Responsible for scanning all outbound and inbound loads
- Ensure all finished goods and scan and loaded to EDC, MWDC or US.
- Responsible for receiving dry ingredients/ Meat loads/ Maintenance Parts, etc.
- Responsible for receiving 3PL loads and ensure inventory is correct
- Make labels for all product coming into plant,
- Inventory counts when needed, dry ingredients and finish goods
- Able to drive a Walkie, counterbalance, high reach truck, forklift.
- Enter delivery inbound in SAP, MIGO transactions as require,
- Able to complete QA checks
- Pick up and put away received product / components
- Located materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders / production line
- Maintains material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections
** Additional duties as assigned by the Supervisor which could include:
Health and Safety:
- Responsible for correct allergen and material labeling
- Direct and coordinate personnel to ensure material is received and stored in the proper identified area as well as ensure FIFO/SOP are being followed
- Maintain shipping records, including tracking and shipping history information and
Communication, Cooperation & Continuous Improvement Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to wear proper PPE and comply with safety requirements
- Pulling, pushing, twisting, bending, heavy lifting and standing
- Lift truck certified is required
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and oral) and the ability to effectively communicate across various departments in English
- Positive interaction and information sharing with Associates and Salaried Team
- Ability to work independently without regular supervision
- Actively finding new and improved ways of completing tasks
- Willing to try new things and assume additional responsibilities
- Ability to establish priorities in their work area
- Previous experience working in Shipping/Receiving environment is an asset / preferred
- Must possess the ability to multitask, ensuring accuracy and completion for each task
- Must possess strong computer and/or data entry skills; experience with SAP systems is required
- Excellent time management, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
Ability to use a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.