CAREER FAIR!!! CAREER FAIR!!! CAREER FAIR!!! CAREER FAIR!!!
Meet the Hiring Team at the Maple Leaf Foods London Poultry Career Fair on November 17th, 2022, from 10 am – 4 pm at the Best Western Plus Lamplighter Inn & Conference Centre, 591 Wellington Rd, London, On.
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is embarking on one of the most exciting journeys in its history through the build and startup of a world-class, leading edge manufacturing facility producing premium, value added fresh poultry products. The new 640,000 square foot facility will call London, ON home and will employ over 1,600 employees as we ramp up operations over the next few years.
We are looking for equally enthusiastic people who want to join our team as we start to climb our own version of Everest. As with every great feat, the realities of this opportunity may come with some challenges and we are looking for people who have the commitment to working through these together. We believe that participation in this start-up requires great passion for our objectives, the flexibility to adapt to the needs of the environment, and a resilient spirit rooted in the desire to achieve winning results as a team. Together we believe we will do great things for our people, our consumers, and our communities.
If you think that this opportunity might be for you, we encourage you to read more details about this exciting role below.
As a Maintenance Assistant Supervisor, you will work with the Maintenance Supervisors, reporting to the Maintenance Manager. You will work to establish the long-term Asset Management of the equipment under your responsibility. Working with Planning and your Supervisors, you will be responsible for helping prioritize what tasks are important and what work to get scheduled and executed. Following the Work Order Management Process, you will enable your direct reports and help set them up for success. This is an entry level role to move towards a Supervisory position and many of the responsibilities are the same to that of a supervisor, but this is the steppingstone to gain the necessary experience.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
As Maintenance Assistant Supervisor, you will:
What we have to offer you:
- Consistent with our leadership values, act as a champion for our culture by leading the maintenance team in the development and execution of a positive and productive environment that permeates through all levels and is focused on the needs of our people.
- Lead, motivate, develop and help provide direct leadership to maintenance staff;
- Assist in supervision of repairs carried out by maintenance staff and/or Contractors;
- Evaluate incoming work notifications and, when warranted, generate and prioritize a work order to cover the work;
- Assist with the implementation of capital projects;
- Ensure that all maintenance work is captured on work orders and entered within the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS);
- Ensure that all scheduled work orders are completed in the allocated time;
- Review completed work orders for correctness and completeness;
- Perform periodic inspections of recently maintained equipment so as to observe the quality of the maintenance performed and the operating condition of the equipment;
- Liaise with Engineering and Operations on matters relating to equipment maintenance and availability;
- Provide guidance to the Planner/Scheduler when approving, prioritizing and estimating work, and technical assistance when developing job plans;
- Participate in various production meetings, KPI review meetings, and pre- and post-maintenance schedule review meetings,
- Assist with the identification of root causes following equipment failures and development of new maintenance tasks to eliminate them in the future;
- Ensure compliance with BRC and CFIA requirements as it relates to food safety and ensure that corrective action requests are dealt with in an effective and timely manner;
- Ensure compliance with all applicable provincial and federal labour regulations and adhere to the terms and conditions specified in the appropriate collective bargaining agreements;
- Demonstrate an active involvement/commitment to a progressive health and safety program and food safety program;
- Provide temporary backup for the Maintenance Supervisor when necessary; and
- Other responsibilities as required.
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position. Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible
- A College or University graduate from an electro-mechanical program or a licensed tradesperson with related experience
- Enrollment or completion of the Maintenance Management Professional (MMP) Certificate Program would be an asset
- Comfortable using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), SAP-PM preferably
- At home in a manufacturing environment and have 3 to 5 years of field experience in a unionized environment; further experience in a food processing environment would be an asset.
- Excellent leadership, communication, collaboration with training and development skills
- The ability to lead groups of industrial maintenance technicians with different background skills sets across multiple shifts
- Experience in developing and incorporating Predictive, Preventative and Proactive maintenance requirements for equipment asset systems within an industrial maintenance environment
- The ability to apply procedures and best practices to be implemented in a CMMS Reliability Maintenance Program
- Familiarity with MRO Inventory stores, industrial electricity, PLC, Motor Controls, Pneumatics, Mechanical apertures and automated processing equipment
- Familiar with Condition Based Monitoring equipment and field devices
- Knowledge of OHSA Safety practices, standards and regulations
- Familiar with the concept of world class maintenance and best practices
- Aware of Six Sigma, RCM and autonomous maintenance principles
- Recognized for your ability to troubleshoot and demonstrated organizational skills
- Knowledge of ammonia-based plant refrigeration systems and their operation
- Able to lead maintenance and maintenance resources effectively through the use of key performance indicators and benchmarking; and
- Proven record for identifying reliability issues and participation implementing improvement strategies.