Sr. Finance Analyst - Heritage - Contract
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
As part of Maple Leaf Food’s Finance team, this position will be responsible for analyzing and reporting production results with a deeper dive into identifying trends and investigating variances. You will interact frequently with people in various levels of the organization.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Ensure all information is correctly reported and provide daily and weekly production reports
- Investigate daily variances, analyze production trends and provide explanations to management
- Lead quarterly C3 testing
- Support the Bill of Material creation activities as part of the prepare cost estimates
- Perform Inventory Analytics articulating write off risks, slow moving items, assess reserve requirements
- Provide support to Six Sigma projects as needed including calculation of Six Sigma savings
- Involvement in the annual budget process, month end and weekly forecasting
- Respond to ad hoc report requests to plant finance
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Post-secondary education in a finance/business related program is required
- 5+ years of progressive manufacturing costing experience in an ERP environment
- Has or is actively working towards a professional accounting designation program (CPA, CGA, CA, CMA)
- Strong analytic and advanced problem-solving skills with the ability to provide suggestions and recommendations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to present financial information to non-financial functions
- Familiarity with SAP is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of MS office
- Strong ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to prioritize work and managing changing/conflicting priorities
- Comfortable working in a manufacturing environment
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.