SAP Basis Administrator (Sr IS Analyst)
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
As a Senior Analyst - SAP Basis Administrator, you will play a critical role in shaping the SAP strategy within Maple Leaf Foods. Ideally, you have solid foundational experience in supporting SAP Systems within a large-scale SAP environment. Our leading edge SAP environment is comprised of our key S/4 HANA, EWM, APO, SRM, CRM, BOBJ, BPC systems as well as numerous other systems. You should have strong hands on experience in the installation and patching of various SAP systems and in the troubleshooting of complex issues. You should also have strong experience in performance and tuning methodologies as well system refresh procedures. Your strong technical skills allow you to work both independently and in team settings. You will be part of a team heavily involved in design/architecture, best practices, installation, troubleshooting, performance tuning and administration of various SAP products utilizing either Oracle or HANA as a backend database. Our environment is extremely rewarding in that we tend to work on new, leading edge technologies.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Responsible for the installation, upgrade and support of SAP components and infrastructure
- Manage SAP related technical problems, quickly identifying, addressing and resolving issues
- Manage system performance and performance tuning
- Plan for technical changes to the environment using a structured approach that minimizes disruption of services
- Develop and maintain system documentation and training material
- Provide on-call and after hours support on a rotational basis
- Provide second tier system administration and infrastructure related support and management for the SAP Application Services (i.e., Basis, Portal, BI, Netweaver)
- Complete daily administration, monitoring, troubleshooting and tuning of a complex SAP environment
- Respond to and resolve infrastructure-related incidents and problems (eg. handling tickets, outages, etc.)
- Monitor and evaluate overall system performance and day-to-day system activity on servers.
- Analyze production and test system problems to determine causes and take timely corrective action.
- Work with the Unix Administrator on capacity planning and performance tuning.
- Ensure changes are performed within the change control process for the application and architecture.
- Recommend and implement policies and standards while ensuring adherence to security procedures.
- Provide support to the SAP application team during development and implementation.
- Provide support for Disaster Recovery, as required.
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Post-secondary education, preferably in a related field
- 4+ years of SAP BASIS experience with hands on and design, support experience with a large SAP portfolio (SAP ECC, S4 HANA, SRM, CRM, BI, PORTAL, EWM, SOLMAN, GRC, IDM)
- Experience with support, upgrades/migrations, kernel upgrades and system refresh planning
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively
- Technically proficient in Operating System commands (particularly Linux), Database administration (Oracle/HANA), and network architecture design, and troubleshooting.
- Hands on planning/working experience on database migration to HANA would be a plus
- Strong Knowledge and Hands on experience of Technical Planning, Installations, Upgrades, HANA Migrations, and SAP Business Object BI Platform
- Translating Functional Specifications into Technical Specifications
- Knowledge/Experience in performance tuning, workload analysis, User Management, System copies, backup/recovery planning, and implementation
- Ability to troubleshoot/analyze and resolve technical problems
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Ability to be motivated and take ownership of any SAP related tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to impart ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.