MRO Coordinator - Contract
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager the MRO Coordinator maintains the inventory management and warehousing long-term strategies based on the consequences of equipment failure and the business’ needs/acceptable risks (i.e. unscheduled downtime versus inventory levels). They consider these business parameters, the tools available and how best to support The Maintenance department.
The MRO Coordinator is highly organized, data driven with preferably 1-3 years of experience in an inventory, warehousing or purchasing management role applying proven MRO best practices in an industrial environment. A supply management, finance or business diploma is required. The Coordinator is familiar with using a CMM system and MS Office tools and with applying Standard Operating Procedures in his/her work. The Coordinator follows company policies, standards and guidelines as they apply to all activities.
The Coordinator has good leadership and communication skills, works well in a team environment, is responsible and is open to change. The person is structured, results oriented and quality driven.
The MRO Coordinator promotes and maintains a safe working environment through compliance with MLF’s Health and Safety Program. This includes Food Safety and Environmental compliance.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Work with Planner to ensure all required parts are available prior to the work being scheduled
- Kit and stage all required parts for scheduled work prior to the work being added to the schedule
- Process all returned parts as required (by reason for return)
- Collaborate with Maintenance, Reliability, and Operations, Six Sigma and Engineering
- Review Materials/Inventory Management stock levels with key stakeholders (i.e. Lead time, vendor part #, etc.)
- Participate in regular Material/Inventory Management strategy planning sessions
- Follow the MRO processes as they relate to C3 compliance, obsolete inventory spare review, split valuation process, and other MRO processes
- Send reminder to Supplier for late deliveries
- Verify that parts/materials received conform to the PO and are in good condition. Inform the buyers if the quantity of parts/materials does not correspond to the PO or are damaged
- Conduct inventory cycle counts including physical counts
- Manage and execute hazardous waste storage and removal
- Ensure provision of care and preservation for spare parts in the warehouse
- Participate in Reliability’s continuous improvement and knowledge collection efforts
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.