Be Part of Something Big!
|Maple Leaf Foods – Wetaskiwin Hatchery
At Maple Leaf Foods, we are proud of our company, our products and our role in providing safe, great tasting, nutritious food to help nurture people’s potential during every meal of the day. Our values-based culture, our passionate people and our clear vision to be the most sustainable protein company on earth makes us an exciting place to work!
We value a culture and work environment that keeps people safe, rewards excellence and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
That’s our passion. What’s yours
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the General Labourer is responsible for the timely and efficient packaging of chicks for shipment to farms, while complying with Humane Handling regulations. Labourer’s are responsible for visual inspection and quality control that are in line with Maple Leaf safety and quality standards, as well as the customer’s specifications. As well as but not limited to monitoring incubators, transferring eggs from incubators to hatchers, and cleaning & disinfecting equipment and work areas, and other duties as required. This position involves repetitive work, with a need for speed and accuracy. A high level of hand and upper-arm strength is required.
- Position Type: Full-time four (4) month contract, General Labourer
- Work Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday; 6:00am – 4:00pm. Potential for overtime on Saturday’s
- Hours may be subject to change for business requirements.
- Starting wage is $17.87/hour
In person applications will not be accepted at this time.
- Strong written, verbal and comprehension of English
- Computer skills required, basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Work well within a team environment
- Ability to work within warmer temperatures
- Comfortable being exposed to strong odors
- Physically capable of heavy lifting (25 kg)
- Capable of frequent bending
Please visit our careers page: https://www.mapleleafcareers.com/
Phone : 780-467-6022 extension #6