Our pork processing plant in Brandon is currently seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and energetic individual to join the Maple Leaf family. Are you motivated, ready to be challenged and are driven to succeed in an environment that rewards success? Get a fresh start with Maple Leaf Foods.
Shift: Monday - Friday - 10:30pm - 7:00am
- Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair will include but not limited to:
- Electrical equipment (AC Drives, power controls circuits, starters, MCCs)
- Microprocessor based systems (PLCs, DCS, Electronic circuits, controllers, timers)
- Low and Medium voltage distribution systems (110V/208V/480V/5KV), Power distribution and generation (generators, transformers, switchgears, breakers)
- Instrumentation (pneumatic controls, PID, transducers, servos, analog/digital systems)
- Communication and Data Systems (CCTV, Ethernet/Wifi cable and routers. Timekeeping systems, phone/computer and IoT systems)
- HVAC, emergency systems (boilers, refrigeration, air compressors, energy control, alarm)
- Weigh Scales system, Vision Systems, Foreign material reject systems, HMI, Siemens S5/S7, Allen Bradley 5000/SLC5 PLC, VFD, encoders, Servomotors, Profibus / Ethernet Network Communications, robotics, analogue and digital systems are essential
- Conduct Planned Preventive and Predictive Maintenance and keep maintenance records
- Recommend and implement corrective action and required repairs
- Assist in planning, and organization of work activities (drawing interpretation, parts preparation) and other jobs as assigned.
- Trade Certification (Red Seal) is required, must be 442-A Industrial Electrician
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience working as an Industrial Electrician in similar environments
- Must be proficient in English (writing, reading and oral)
- Strong electrical, instrumentation, automation, pneumatics experience required
- Strong decision making, problem solving troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and effectively meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a multifunctional team with minimum supervision
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.