Maple Leaf Foods - Brandon
Industrial Meat Cutter, NOC: 94141 (Permanent, Full Time)
6355 Richmond Avenue East Brandon, Manitoba
$16.00 – $22.70 /hour
- + Production Bonus of up to $1.00/hour
- + Attendance Bonus of up to $1.00/hour
- + Further increases as per Collective Agreement
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading Canadian food processing company committed to delivering quality food products to consumers around the world. We are looking for Industrial Meat Cutters to join us at our Brandon, Manitoba plant.
Positions include slaughtering livestock and removing viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses, cutting pork for further cutting, processing and packaging. Positions are available in a variety of departments including Cut and Kill areas.
A 100% company paid Benefits package is provided including Major Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, as well as enrollment in the Maple Leaf Pension Plan.
- Participate as part of a team in the processing of hogs to produce fresh and frozen product
- Assist with various tasks in the department assigned
- Keep up to production line speed
- Most jobs in the Barn, Dressing, Cut and Packaging floors include assembly line work
- Knife and other equipment use will be required
If you are willing to step into a new and exciting career, please submit your resume and cover letter via https://careers.mapleleaffoods.com/ email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws. We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Graduate of High school; post-secondary education is considered an asset
- Two (2) years verifiable experience as a Butcher/Meat Cutter
- Previous industrial / manufacturing plant experience is considered an asset
- Ability to work in a wide range of environmental conditions from cool to warm and wet to dry
- Ability to perform repetitive physical tasks and stand for long periods of time
- Experience working with and committed to Good Manufacturing Practices is an asset
- Experience in food manufacturing within a fast-paced environment is an asset
- Comfortable being part of a multi-cultural, unionized environment
- Must be committed to safe work practices
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills and be focused on continuous improvement
- Use knives and other equipment to disassemble hog product for further processing
- Ensure safe and hygienic practices are applied to all tasks performed as per Company policies