Health and Safety Assistant (term) – Brandon, MB
To ensure the safety of all Maple Leaf Foods employees and to prevent the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), all facilities must implement and maintain an Employee Temperature Monitoring and Screening program in accordance with this standard operating procedure. The temperature test is to be used to determine if an individual may have a symptom of COVID-19.
All employees, whether, employees, visitors, contractors or temporary employees, must be screened once per shift or prior to entering any Maple Leaf Foods site. Individuals will be tested again if experiencing symptoms.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will do:
What we have to offer you:
- Ability to understand and adhere to confidentiality requirements
- Compliance with workplace safety, PPE policies and procedures required
- Ensure safe and hygienic practices are applied to all tasks performed as per Company policies
- Administer the Maple Leaf Foods screening tool
- Receive verbal consent from employee prior to obtaining temperature reading for secondary checks
- Inform employees that a temperature of 37.5 degrees Celsius or higher will not be permitted to enter the site
- Assist with other functions as part of the Maple Leaf Foods COVID-19 prevention strategy
- Position requires sitting, walking, and standing for sustained periods of time while wearing PPE
What you will bring:
- Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
How to apply:
- Completion of High School Education required
- Experience in customer service required
- Strong English communications skills, both written and oral
- Education and/or experience working in healthcare or a health and safety related environment is an asset
- Ability to work rotating morning/afternoon shifts, and overtime
- Must be at least 18 years of age and must provide documentation to prove eligibility to work in Canada
- Must have a valid license and/or transportation to and from the plant
- Comfortable being part of a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of Mandarin, Hindi, Gujarati, Tigrinya, Amharic, Spanish, Ukrainian is an asset
If you are willing to step into a new and exciting career, please send us your resume, cover letter and required certificates by applying to: email@example.com
Applicants who are not currently eligible to work in Canada will not be considered for this position.
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org