A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Marketing Associate, Foodservice
- Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
COVID 19 has dynamically changed the Foodservice landscape – as our industry rebuilds itself, we have an exciting opportunity to adapt the way we interact and support our customer partners. It’s an exciting time! As part of these changes we are searching for a dynamic Business and Marketing professional to join our Foodservice team. The successful candidate will be a balance between a commercially driven business professional and a customer-focused Marketing leader with a track record of contributing to profitable growth and experience working closely with Sales (B2B).
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What We Have to Offer You
- Lead and work collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver identified business objectives and marketing initiatives that support the Foodservice strategy
- Develop new product innovation and portfolio recommendations driving share and growth
- Collaborate with Revenue Management to develop pricing strategies
- Lead in-depth business reviews to develop strong marketing plans
- Work closely with sales team to develop and execute specific customer strategies, promotions and menu innovation
- Create trade communication materials and sales tools to support portfolio activities
- Leverage research, market data and consumer insights to formulate and communicate industry trends
- Over time, with input from manager, will have the opportunity to lead some of the core categories within the Foodservice portfolio
What you will bring:
- Be part of Canada’s leading protein company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Competitive Health and Pension plans
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Potential for progression to management
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
- Bachelor degree with at least three to four years of Marketing experience in a CPG organization or equivalent
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to anticipate potential issues, keen attention to detail and superior organizational skills
- Proactive and performance driven, have a bias for action and be able to work under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- A strong team player with well-developed people skills
- A creative thinker with a passion for Marketing and an appetite to learn
- Foodservice experience is an asset but not required – even if you washed dishes in high school – it counts!
- Key competencies:
- Commercial Acumen – Basic understanding of key drivers of the P&L with ability to identify opportunities to move the business forward
- Critical Thinking – Able to analyze and draw conclusions from internal & external data sources
- Agility – Able to stay focused on key business priorities in a dynamic business environment
- Sales Knowledge – Demonstrate understanding of customer strategies and recognize relationship to marketing planning process & initiative execution
- Leadership – Able to work effectively with functional teams to achieve commercial objectives
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.